Sunday, January 5, 2014

Fajitas Make An Easy Atkins Induction-Friendly Meal

Chicken Fajitas make great Induction-friendly meals.
We had dinner at my sissy's house. Most people just beginning Atkins Induction would look at going to dinner at someone's house with more than a bit of trepidation and fear. Oh my gosh, what if the hostess serves a meal filled with carbs? How do I tell my hostess that I'm dieting? Or worse, I don't want to let anyone know I'm on a special diet or that "whacky, fad diet, Atkins." How do you handle eating out--at a restaurant or someone's house without a lot of fretting?



Some anxiety about these situations is entirely normal. We fear the unknown or anything beyond our control. The best way to combat this fear is to know that what you eat is entirely under your control at all times, even if that means you don't eat! Or you pick at things, or pick things out of other dishes and take small servings. Then you can eat a proper low carb meal when you get back to your own kitchen.

Making fajitas.
I didn't call my sissy and ask her what we were having. I just went to dinner knowing I could pick and choose. As it turned out, we had fajitas. A super-easy meal to make low carb! We picked up from a neighborhood restaurant and it was fantastic! They had homemade flour tortillas, tortilla chips with salsa and queso and all the fixings that go along with chicken and beef fajitas--including the rice and refried beans!

I had a serving of beef, a bit of chicken, a few grilled onions, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes and a few chopped onions. I didn't over-serve myself. But I had a full plate and felt completely satisfied.

This was my alternate day fast day (not part of regular Atkins Induction), and knowing we were eating out, I just fasted until dinner, knowing I could eat anything and everything I wanted to the next day. I was 17 cals over 500, but that's not a big deal. I was a bit under 20g Net Carbs for the day and again, no big deal. No deprivation, full, happy tummy!

Day 4

Day 4 Daily Totals: 517 Calories; 31g Fat (53.7% calories from fat); 43g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 129mg Cholesterol; 14g Net Carbohydrate

Breakfast & Lunch (0)
3 cups decaffeinated coffee, black, unsweetened
water


Dinner (517 Calories; 31g Fat (53.7% calories from fat); 43g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 129mg Cholesterol; 14g Net Carbohydrate)
4 ounces flank steak
2 ounces rotisserie chicken, HEB
1/4 cup Sauteed Mushrooms, Red Bell Pepper, Onions
2 tablespoons guacamole
2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
3 cups romaine hearts
2 tablespoons picante sauce
1/4 cup chopped tomato
2 tablespoons chopped onions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Comments keep us going! Leave your thoughts, please? XOXO!